Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Start of Trip in Halifax, Nova Scotia!

Population: 360,000 (1)
Population Density: 1506.2 per square km
Landforms: Halifax Peninsula, Halifax Harbour, Drumlin(1)
Latitude: 44 Degrees North (1)
Longitude: 63 Degrees West(1)
Climate: Short warm summers and cold winters
Ecozone: Atlantic Maritime Ecozone
National Parl: Kejimkuik
Industries: Strong Fishing and Agricultural Industrie
Tourism: Skydive Halifax, Great Fishing, Pedal and Sea Adventures(1)








This is the car that me and my family rented to go across the country. Its a little bit small but it has very good gas mileage.







Day 1: As soon as we arrived in Halfiax, the sight of the whole city was just amazing. We arrived in halifax at about 11am so we went to the best resteraunt in the whole city called Botanica Restaurant(2) . I had a shrimp wrap, it was one of the best foods I ever had. I would recommend trying it if you ever go to Halifax. Right after we ate lunch we were going to check in our hotel when i looked in the sky and saw about 20 skydivers opening there parrachutes(3). It looked intence so i convinced my mom to let me and my dad go. When we got to the place it costed us $600 to go skydiving. My mom did not like that at all. It took a good chunk of the day just to get trained, and i was getting very anxious. We finnaly got in the plane at 4:30, it was alot scaryier once you get in the plane. I thought that shrimp wrap was coming up. Then my instuctor pushed me out of the plane and the next thing i knew i was falling. It was the scaryiest thing of my life. After that we went back to the hotel and slept at 7pm. I was so exhausted from skydiving i just wanted to sleep.

Day 2: On day two it was my moms turn to do something that she wanted. The one thing she really wanted to do was visit Pier 21(1). Which was a Pier that alot of Immigranted that came to Canada landed on. Her mother(my Grandma), Peggy Purdy came to Canada from Finland in 1962. My mom wanted to see the Pier to see where her mother took her first step on Canadian soil. Also for all the history and different cultures that Pier 21 has. When we showed up there it just looked like a normal little pier. However when you read all the books in there on how the place was used years ago, it was actually very intersting. We stayed at Pier 21 for a few hours until about 1pm. Then everybody got hungry so on the way to the Hotel we stoped at Taj Mahal(2). It was a very good Restaurant, i had the curry chicken which was amazing. We finished around 3 and decided that we were leaving Halifax for our Trip. We wanted to get to our next city by the next day. We left Halifax very happy, and now off to Montreal!!
















1= Wikipedia, Halifax
2= http://www.halifaxkiosk.com/directory.php?categoryId=179
3= http://halifax.worldweb.com/ToursActivitiesAdventures/Skydiving/








No comments:

Post a Comment